Happy New Year’s Eve!
2015 was one of my greatest years so far. I have seen myself grow so much just in the past few months and look forward to how much I will learn about myself and my future in the next year as well. God has blessed me beyond what I deserve this year. My highlights of 2015 include:
- Gaining my beautiful, healthy baby nephew
- Getting nominated, interviewed, and selected as Presidential Scholar
- Spending prom night in Nashville with my very best friends (whom I miss so much)
- Being Valedictorian for the class of 2015 and the great experiences that entailed
- Spending two lovely weeks at the beach with my family
- Taking my first, REAL yoga class at Glow Yoga in Gulf Shores, AL
- Relaxing over the summer and reading some extraordinary books
- Shadowing a cardiac electrophysiologist at Vanderbilt
- Attending NEEDTOBREATHE and For King and Country concerts
- Moving to Belmont, living with my amazing roommates, and making lifelong memories
- Getting the opportunity to conduct biological research in neuroscience
- Finding my niche at Ethos church
- Continuing to learn through difficult times and lean more dependently on God
- Realizing life isn’t perfect, and it never will be. But that isn’t what makes it beautiful.
In 2016, I have decided to change up my blog posts! I am going to post more frequently and hopefully I can help others with some of the things I have decided to write about. As you probably know, I am a college student studying biochemistry and wanting to pursue medicine. I would love to incorporate more of my study techniques, my ways to navigate through difficult material, and different things related to my course of study. I am going to post more about my journey through yoga and how I became interested in yoga. I will continue my posts about concepts and ideas, and I look forward to sharing more of my opinions on philosophical texts and ideas. I also want to spend more time focusing on Christianity and spirituality. So if you are interested in very different hobbies and interests, I welcome you to my blog!
For 2016 you can look for posts that center around:
- My journey as a science major and pre-Med student
- My ways to find happiness and motivation in high stress situations
- My thoughts on various scientific and philosophical texts, concepts, and ideas
- My journey as a yogi, health and wellness tips, and ways to find healthy eats in different places
- My occasional beauty post or recommendations
- My raw and vulnerable thoughts as I navigate through difficult times
- My reasons for being a Christian and some of the readings I find helpful
I am excited about this change for my blog, but I look forward to continuing the types of posts I have been about since day one. I hope many of you can find ways to help me in various aspects of my life as well. I pray for all of you to have a happy new year, and find many joys and successes in 2016!
Leave a Reply